Sure, her blunders can garner a few laughs here and there but like any joke, it gets old.
There’s a way to teach Siri how to pronounce specific words properly, and in iOS 10 it’s easy.
Here’s How to Teach Siri the Proper Way to Speak Any Word.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Tap Accessibility.
- Tap Speech.
- Tap Pronunciations.
- Press the + button in the upper-right corner.
- Type the word you’d like to teach Siri in the Phrase line.
- On the Substitution line, press the blue microphone icon and pronounce the word properly. If a notification prompts you to Enable Diction, allow it.
- A list of available pronunciations will populate. Tap them to preview them.
- Select the most appropriate pronunciation, then tap the back arrow to save your selection.