The good news: if you’re reading this, you survived 2016 and made it to 2017. The better news: BGR is still your go-to source if you want to find the best paid iPhone and iPad apps each day that go on sale for free.
We’ve got 10 solid offerings to kick off the new year, and you’ll find them all laid out below.
ABBYY TextGrabber easily and quickly scans, translates and saves your chosen text or QR-codes from virtually any printed material.
Simply take a picture of the text on 60+ languages or QR-codes and immediately edit, hear it spoken aloud via VoiceOver, translate it into 100+ languages, send your text by SMS or e-mail, or share it quickly on Facebook, Twitter or Evernote.
Translation is available as a separate in-app purchase.
***** Winner of SUPERSTAR Award in the “Mobile Productivity App”, “Mobile Image Capture App” and “Text Input” categories in Mobile Star Awards
Free today with ‘App of the Day’.
“Textgrabber is probably the best app which adds another function to your iPhone: a scanner”- The Irish Times
“The results get delivered relatively fast, which is great. A must have for students” – appadvice.com
“The Best Image-to-Text App for iPhone” – lifehacker.com
With ABBYY TextGrabber you can save and translate any printed text you need with a tap of your screen:
• Travel documents
• Magazine articles
• Book fragments
• Manuals and instructions
• Recipe ingredients, etc.
• Easy and accurate text or QR-codes capture from printed sources, such as books, magazines, ads, timetables, etc.
• Accurate on-device text recognition for 60+ languages, including German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, English, Chinese, Korean and others
• Instant translation into 100+ languages (Internet connection is required, separate in-app purchase)
• Powerful text-to-speech capability with the VoiceOver system feature
• Adjustable font sizes and audio prompts to assist visually impaired people
• Fast and convenient sharing via Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, email or SMS
• All extracted text is automatically backed up and can be easily found in the “History” folder
The application is partially compatible with the iPad 2 and iPod Touch 4 Gen (uploading images from photo album is only available).
OCR HINT: Please select the appropriate language (up to three at a time) before recognition