Staying slim and fit is not only important for good looks but also for your overall health. To achieve this goal, you first need to determine your ideal body weight based on your gender, age, height, body frame and body type. There are a number of formulas to calculate it.
Also, your determination to stay fit and healthy will go a long way in making your efforts successful.
Here are the top 10 tips to stay Fit, slim, hot and healthy.
10Stop Eating When Your Belly is 80% Full
It will help you avoid overeating. Also, your stomach will perform better with more space to produce digestive juices and break down food.
Slow, mindful eating will help you sense your level of fullness. It takes about 20 minutes for the brain to register that the stomach is full.
Research indicates that eating slowly also enhances satiety. Plus, it allows you to better enjoy the flavor of the food.
Along with this, delve deeper into your eating habits to explore some basic diet rules like:
- Eat only when you are hungry—not out of boredom, stress or loneliness. Remember the old saying, “a moment on the lips, forever on the hips!”
- Do not eat food or drink a beverage on the go, such as drinking your coffee while driving to work. You end up consuming more calories this way.
- Do not eat late at night. Enjoy your last meal of the day 2 to 3 hours before going to bed.
- After eating a snack, wait 3 hours before your next meal or snack. Likewise, wait 5 hours after eating a heavy meal.
- If you skip a meal, load up on fruits and vegetables first so that you do not overeat when you finally sit down to eat. Research shows that after fasting for about 18 hours, the body craves more fattening foods to load up more calories per volume.
- If possible, go on a detox diet once a week.